Pro Wrestling Impact

Pro wrestling coverage of TNA, WWE, and Independent Feds

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Chasyn Rance Interview



First, I just wanted to thank you for having me on your Q&A and to all the fans that read the site. For those who don't know me, this Q&A should help but you can also visit my website at http://www.chasynrance.com/. On to the questions.

1. When did you know you wanted to go in to wrestling?

I was lucky to have family in the business when I was young. My cousin, Howard Rapp, was a silent partner for a couple of independent promotions in New York. I vaguely remember my first independent event, but I know I was two at the time. I really started watching it around 92-93. I had already been in Shaolin Kempo Karate since I was 7, and thought I'd be able to work hard and eventually try to become a professional wrestler. I always knew I never wanted a desk job and do something that made me stand out more. Wrestling was perfect.

2. Did you get support from your friends and family?

My family thought it was a phase and all but a few of my friends didn't take me serious when I started. My family would go to my matches to support me even though they hated me doing it. My friends would come out sometimes. Usually, it'd be which ever girlfriend I was with at the time and then some our friends at my matches supporting me. It's always nice to have support of friends as well as fans I've wrestled in front of before that continue to support me. I always appreciate that.

3. What kind of training did you have?

I had a lot of training. I was always trying to better myself. Starting with 13 years of martial arts. Then training under Rusty Brooks starting at the age of 15. Other assistant trainers that helped in my training consisted of Rocky Johnson [ed note: Rocky Johnson is the father of WWE superstar The Rock], The Warlord, Billy Fives, and quite a few more. Last summer, I was invited to the Antonio Inoki Dojo in Los Angeles, CA to train which was some of the hardest workouts I've ever had. I was an assistant for "Dr. Death" Steve Williams for a three hour semenar. He worked with me a bit there. Also, this summer, I spend two and half months living and training with Teddy Hart in Calgary, Alberta where I was the last new student in the Dungeon before it was sold. It was a crazy and long summer. I can only talk so much about it, but I wrote a few entries on my forum that you can check out at my website.

4. How long have you been wrestling for?

It's been almost 6 years now. That's kind of crazy. I never really looked at it but it's been a while, and I'm only 21. I guess that's what happens when you start training at 15.

5. What wrestling leagues have you wrestled for?

I always laugh when I get this question. I have wrestled for about 40 different wrestling promotions in a few different states and in Canada. I also have a few events coming up with other promotions in NJ, NC, NY, GA, MD, PA, and DC. A bit of a busy schedule that I am looking forward to it. Back to the question, under my results on my website, it has a complete list of every promotion I have wrestled for.

6. Have you held any titles with the leagues you have wrestled for? If so what ones?

My first title reign last all of 1 day. I won the FOW International Heavyweight Championship from Fabulous Frank who was substituting for Billy Fives. It was realized that Frank never had the right to defend the title, so I was stripped the next day. After that, I kind of started a collection of junior heavyweight championships. I picked up the SCW Southern Cruiserweight Championship (x2), the NNW Featherweight Championship (x2), the FSPW Cruiserweight Championship (recently stripped while in Calgary), the SECW Light Heavyweight Championship (current), the CCW Cruiserweight Championship, and the USCW Cruiserweight Championship (current). I also picked up the FSPW Hardcore Championship for a total of a minute but everyone knows how those hardcore titles work.

7. Have you sustained any injuries? If so what were they? What did you feel was the worst?

I've had a few concussions. I fractured both of my feet in my third match. That wasn't too much fun. I was 16 and was supposed to go to one of those sleep away camps for a week where it's all high school students and all you do there is, well, you know what goes on there. I couldn't walk but of course, I still went. I was in so much pain that I was flown home a few days later to go to the hospital. That wasn't the bad compaired to getting 11 staples in my head and a concussion that gave me temporary amnesia. The amnesia was probably the worst. I broke up with my girlfriend two days before it happened but when she came to visit me at the hospital, she forgot to tell me. Thankfully, I was informed within the week and started to get my memory back.

8. Who is the person that you really look up to?
I always have a hard time answering this question, and I don't think I ever have. I guess the best answer I can give to this question is that there are many people I look up to for different reasons.
9. Who has been your greatest opponent so far?

As in wrestling a big star? It's between a couple of my trainers like The Warlord and Teddy Hart, and a 40 minutes match I had with Hector Guerrero where I successfully defended one of my junior heavyweight titles.

10. How do you feel about you upcoming match on TNA Impact?

I'm really looking forward to it. It's a great opportunity that Bill Berhens is giving me. He's a great guy. I'm also working this Saturday for his NWA-Wildside promotion in the first Wildside Super Indy Challenge tournament. Ron Niemi helped a lot with getting me the match for NWA-TNA. He's been a big support that I truly appreciate. I'm in the best shape of my life right now so hopefully I'll impress a few people in the back and everyone in the crowd.

11. Do you know who you will be wrestling in your Impact match?

I have no idea what-so-ever. I've been talking to my personal advisor, Mister Saint Laurent, about it. Wondering who would be the best for my to wrestle on the taping. I'm not even sure if I am in a television match or a dark match. I guess I'll find out when I am there.

12. What do you hope for in your wrestling future?

I hope to turn more people on to wrestling and just try to make the sport better. Personally, I want to be surrounded by my friends in the business and make sure that they and myself make money in it. Eventually retire at a young age, help more people get in who deserve to be in wrestling, and be happy with my friends, family, and start a family with whomever that special person may be.

Looks like those are all the questions. If there are any other questions that fans may have, they can always e-mail me at Chasyn@chasynrance.com. Hope you guys enjoyed the Q&A, and thank you for having me. I hope I hear a lot of you when I come out for my debut with NWA-TNA. See you guys there.


24 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi i am totally blown away with the blogs people have created its so much fun to read alot of good info and you have also one of the best blogs !! Have some time check my link to !!computer home base business

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger blogger1272 said...

What a great site you have here, I bookmarked it!

I have a penis enlargement reviews related info site. It covers penis enlargement reviews related information.

Check it out when you can. ;)

 
At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Help me Dude, I'm lost.

I was searching for Elvis and somehow ended up in your blog, but you know I'm sure I saw Elvis in the supermarket yesterday.

No honest really, he was right there in front of me, next to the steaks singing "Love me Tender".

He said to me (his lip was only slightly curled) "Boy, you need to get yourself a shiny, new plasmatv to go with that blue suede sofa of yours.

But Elvis said I, In the Ghetto nobody has a plasma tv .

Dude I'm All Shook Up said Elvis. I think I'll have me another cheeseburger then I'm gonna go home and ask Michael Jackson to come round and watch that waaaay cool surfing scene in Apocalypse Now on my new plasma tv .

And then he just walked out of the supermarket singing. . .

"You give me love and consolation,
You give me strength to carry on "

Strange day or what? :-)

 
At 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a delaware real estate site/blog. It pretty much covers delaware real estate related stuff.



Come and check it out if you get time :-)

delaware real estate Real Estate*

 
At 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo, This blog is pretty neat. You should check out mine sometime. It pretty much covers email marketing services related stuff.

 
At 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a christmas gift site/blog. It pretty much covers gift ideas for christmas related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 1:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a good post. I have a site about arizona real estate please look at it if you can.

 
At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - I really like your website. I have one on institute of martial arts here is the link to it. Come visit it and let me know what you think.

 
At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - I really like your blog. I have a website on kempo karate that you might find of interest. Here's the link. Have a look at it and let me know what you think.

 
At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - I trained in judo and karate for many years. I was looking for blogs having to do with judo and came across yours. Nice blog. I have my own have my own mixed style school now that offers most of the traditional judo techniques. Come have a look at it if you want.

 
At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you a Wrestling Fan? Join us at DiscussWrestling.Com

 
At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are looking to change the look of your emails from plain white with black text to a colorful, eye-catching, attention grabbing email, OnLetterhead is the product for you. Go from "White" to "Wow" with one click!

With "OnLetterhead's "Ease of Send & Setup" (EOSS) technology, all the work is done before you type your message! Just click and send and see the results a branded difference can make.
**Marketing Strategies for the Future**

 
At 12:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great blog. I have found another informative site with information on anthonys real estate school at anthonys real estate school

 
At 12:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Site. We have Free Houses on my site. Please take a look other real estate

 
At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get your website seen use our web site travel marketing promotion tools to get the word out and take the work out of promotion. Resale rights available. Starting at only $6.99 get 1000's of links to your website http://www.BLGen.net

 
At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

While surffing I came across your blog. I have software sales site that has a lot of products related to
minnesota web site promotion A lot of people whos purchase scripts or software having to deal with minnesota web site promotion ask for more information and I will definatly tell them to check out your site. Do keep up the great work!

 
At 5:27 AM, Blogger Blog World said...

A dying man needs to die, as a sleepy man needs to sleep, and there comes a time when it is wrong, as well as useless, to resist.
Stewart Alsop- Posters.

 
At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was looking for blogs about martial arts and came across yours. Great blog you got. I have a website somewhat related you might find interesting.

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Erik Mann said...

another great blog from you guys. i'd point you to mine but it isn't yet the way I'd like it. i do have a website that I think is cool, kind of almost about martial art drawing

 
At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. You have alot of great info on martial arts resource. Please take a look at my martial arts resource site. You'll find alot of good information regarding martial arts resource

Thanks

 
At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dating free match personals single

 
At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.adquity.com

Classifieds for our community. Buy, sell, trade, date, events... post anything. Adquity Classifieds.

http://www.adquity.com

 
At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bad credit home loan

 
At 5:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.watiti.com

Join me and my circle of friends at http://www.watiti.com,
an online social networking community that connects
people from all over the world.

Meet new people, share photos, create or attend
events, post free classifieds, send free e-cards,
listen music, read blogs, upload videos, be part of a
club, chat rooms, forum and much more!

See you around! Bring all your friends too!

http://www.watiti.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home