Pro Wrestling Impact

Pro wrestling coverage of TNA, WWE, and Independent Feds

Friday, December 17, 2004

Rico Casanova Interview

1.When did you decide to go into wrestling?


I have always loved wrestling since I can remember. While stationed in Virginia for the US Army, I decided to go to a nearby wrestling school.


2.Was there a certain wrestler that really inspired you?


My favorite wrestler growing up was Jimmy Snuka.


3.Where did you go for your training?


I went to the Monster Factory in Glen Burnie, Maryland.


4.What promotions have you wrestled for?


I have wrestled for many, many promotions. Many are listed on my web site at www.ricocasanova.com


5.Do you hold any titles?


I don't hold any titles at this time.


6.What other aspects of wrestling have you worked in?


I have worked as a promoter, and booker.


7.In your opinion what is the best aspect of wrestling?


The Fans


8.In your opinion what do you think that Indy promotions could do to draw in a bigger audience?


I think the most important thing is having wrestlers that actually look like wrestlers. Many use guys that don't even wear proper gear. They come out in jeans, tennis shoes, T-shirts, etc. A lot of promoters use "cheap" wrestlers and most of the time they are not properly trained. Fans don't want to spend show to see a mediocre show. They want to see a great return for their money. Bottom Line, use great wrestlers and be willing to push the bar a little.


9.What is your future plans for your wrestling career?



I plan on taking it easy and concentrate more on promoting shows and opening up a wrestling school.


10. Would you like to add anything?


Want to say thanks for the interview. It has been my privilege and honor to have ha the opportunity to do what I have done in the wrestling business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home