Pro Wrestling Impact

Pro wrestling coverage of TNA, WWE, and Independent Feds

Saturday, December 18, 2004

So Cal Val Interview

1.How did you get into pro wrestling?

I attended some local shows in Los Angeles and the fans took notice of me. A promoter approached me about managing in his next show and I have been doing it ever since.

2.Was there a wrestler that really inspired you?

The first woman I began watching has been the one most influential in the shaping of my character, Stephanie McMahon. I also loved to hate Trish Stratus in her T&A days.

3.Were did you get your training at?

I am self-trained as a manager. Studying tapes is my version of homework. As far as any wrestling goes I have learned here and there from different individuals willing to help me. However, I did train to learn the basics in SCW at a training facility
located in Altamonte, Florida but do not consider myself a wrestler as I am
not fully trained.

4.What promotions have you worked for?

It's well over 30 now but they include MLW, UPW, Women's Extreme Wrestling, NWA:TNA and Randy Savage's MachoMan.com

5.Have you held any titles?

In terms of belts, no. I am not a wrestler and therefore leave the gold-getting to my clients. I am however currently holding the 'title' of General Manager of Women's Extreme Wrestling which can be seen on both 'InDemand PPV' and 'The Sunshine Network'.

6.Do you consider yourself a "Diva"?

No, of course not. I consider myself THE Diva.

7.What is your favorite type of match?

So far, intergender tag team matches. I love them because there is something for everyone.

8.Do you find it harder being a woman in pro wrestling?

Absolutely. In a lot of ways, especially those that aren't seen by the casual wrestling fan,
it is indeed harder to be a woman in our sport.

9.You're a valet/manager who are some of the wrestlers you've managed?

Billy Fives, Scoot Andrews, Frankie Kazarian, The Miz, Danny Doring, Steve
Corino, Francine, Gorgeous George...the list goes on and on. I've managed
over 60 wrestlers thus far.

10.Is there any wrestler that you would really like to wrestle that you
haven't wrestled yet?


When I become more skilled in the ring I would love to wrestle any of the WWE Divas. Particularly Dawn Marie.

11.What do you think your greatest match as been so far?

I haven't had very many, but any of the matches I managed in at the MachoMan.com tapings were a thrill simply for the fact that Randy Savage was so involved with the
shows. It was both exciting and nerve racking to have him watching nearby.

12.Is there any advice you have for someone wanting to go into wrestling?

Stay true to yourself. This is the more important than anything else you
can learn.


13.Is there anyone in the business that you have met that really gave you
good advice?


I have been fortunate enough to be given a lot of good advice
by a lot of talented people in our business. A few things that spring to
mind are from Randy Orton who always stressed the idea of being respectful
toward those who have come before you. Especially being so young, it's
important to keep your mouth shut and your ears open so that you can learn
every bit you possibly can. Egos and such only make you lose your focus.


14.What is your pro wrestling goal?


To perform to the best of my abilities.I hope one day that will be in the WWE, but my fate is in God's hands.

15.Is there anything you would like to add?

Just a thank you and a reminder to visit my website at www.SoCalVal.net.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home