Assorted TNA News
Credit: TNA'S Official Site
03.22.05 | TNA ANNOUNCES JUNE ANNIVERSARY PPV
TNA ANNOUNCES JUNE THREE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY PAY-PER-VIEW EVENT
“Slammiversary” to take place Sunday, June 19 from Universal Studios
This June, TNA Wrestling will celebrate its three-year anniversary – a momentous occasion for the superstars, staff and fans of Total Nonstop Action.
On June 19th live and exclusively on Pay-Per-View, TNA Wrestling will celebrate with the three-hour spectacular “Slammiversary”, a new annual event for TNA.
TNA management is already in the process of planning for the big anniversary weekend, including several major announcements leading up the event. Slammiversary will take place live from Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida.
TNA’s April Pay-Per-View “Lockdown” takes place April 24 from Universal Studios, featuring two Six Sides of Steel cage matches in one night. TNA’s May Pay-Per-View event “Hard Justice” will take place on Sunday, May 15 from Universal Studios.
OTHER RECENT NEWS ITEMS:
- In April, TNA will debut the long-awaited “Nevermore: Best of Raven” DVD. The DVD will include four hours of Raven at his most sadistic and twisted, with the following matches:
Raven’s TNA debut
Clockwork Orange Match: Raven vs. Sandman
Ladder Match: Raven vs. A.J. Styles
NWA World Heavyweight Champion Jeff Jarrett vs. Raven
Hair vs. Hair: Raven vs. Shane Douglas
Gallows Of Retribution Match: Raven vs. Vampiro
Last Man Standing: Raven vs. Father Jim Mitchell
Raven vs. "The Truth" vs. AJ Styles vs. Abyss
Deadly Draw: Raven vs. Truth vs. AJ Styles vs. Chris Harris
Raven vs. Sonjay Dutt
First Ever Match: Raven vs. Sabu
In addition, Raven provides bonus match commentary with wrestling legend Terry Taylor in bouts against AJ Styles (for the NWA World Heavyweight Title) and Wildcat Chris Harris (#1 Contenders Match) After the Raven DVD, up next in May will be “Welcome to Planet Jarrett”, the best of NWA World Heavyweight Champion Jeff Jarrett.
- Be on the lookout for a new autobiography from Director of Authority and wrestling legend “The American Dream” Dusty Rhodes, set to hit bookstores this week. Rhodes is gearing up for a promotional tour for the book, and rumor has it he’ll be the guest on a major daytime talk show in the near future. We’ll have more details as they are announced.
- TNA Wrestling and Marvel’s “Toy Biz” are nearing completion of the first line of TNA action figures, which will hit stores in the next few months. Several new prototypes were approved this week, including The Alpha Male, Kid Kash and Primetime. The first set of TNA action figures featuring Jeff Jarrett, AJ Styles, Raven and Abyss will be released shortly, with the remaining figures and accessories to follow thereafter. TNAwrestling.com will announce the date of the release of the action figures when it becomes available. To see the AJ, Jarrett, Raven and Abyss action figures, PLEASE CLICK HERE >>>
- Team Canada member Johnny Devine underwent successful surgery last week to repair a damaged MCL and ACL in his knee. Devine is expected to be out of action for an estimated six months. TNAwrestling.com wishes Johnny all the best as he recuperates. Fans can check out Devine’s thoughts on the injury in his ongoing column on the Canadian SLAM sports website. Team Canada’s Petey Williams was also nursing a sprained ankle last week, but gutted it out and was able to compete at the Impact tapings.
- Commercials have begun airing for Steven Spielberg’s “War of the Worlds” blockbuster opening July 4th weekend, starring Tom Cruise and Dakota Fannin. TNA Knockout Trinity served as a stunt coordinator for the film. TNAwrestling.com hopes to feature exclusive photos in the upcoming weeks of Trinity from the movie set. To read an interview with Trinity about "War of the Worlds", PLEASE CLICK HERE >>>
- Referee Mike Posey departed TNA last week pursue other interests. TNA wishes him all the best, as Posey is a class act. To fill Posey's spot, TNA has brought in former WCW referee Mark "Slick" Johnson to join the officiating crew along with Rudy Charles and Andrew Thomas.