Pro Wrestling Impact

Pro wrestling coverage of TNA, WWE, and Independent Feds

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Telling It Like It Is

The opinions expressed in this article are those of Mike Newton, and are his alone. They do not necessarily reflect the opinions of myself, Pro Wrestling Impact, or any other writers on this blog.

The following "Telling Like It Is" is in response to a comment posted on April 12,2005 in response to his posts. I will post the comment before his response so there is no confusion as to what is going on. Now with that said IF Mike is going to keep having these childish out bursts and attacking other writers as well as readers I will not continue to post his articles! This is not that type of blog and I plan to keep it that way.
Thank You,
Heather Burke
Owner of Pro Wrestling Impact

6:40 AM, RavensWing said...

As an avid reader of your blog, I have to say it is almost always a pleasure to read. The lone exceptions are those days when you post John-Michael Newton articles. To put it bluntly, his posts are total garbage. It's not like he knows what he is talking about either. He is always bashing TNA, but then he says he goes to the tapings. My question is, if it's so bad, why does he even bother to go?

I have seen TNA on FOX and think it's a pretty good wrestling show. I have also ordered a few of the PPV's, and they also excellent quality. It seems to the reader, that the only good thing in the world in John-Michael Newton's opinion, is ECW (long since extinct), and Paul Haymen (who I also think may be extinct).

If John-Michael Newton thinks he can do better, then why doesn't he start his own federation?

Do yourself a favor, and get rid of him, and his column.


Telling It Like It Is....By The Guy Who Doesn't Know What He Is Talking About.......ALLEGEDLY!!

Hello my fellow wrestling fans out there. I read the little comment posted, and I am going to simply say this. You have a right to believe whatever you want to believe. I am not going to call you names because I am not like that. However, I am going to call in my shots on a few things.

"To put it bluntly, his posts are total garbage. It's not like he knows what he is talking about either."

To put it bluntly, I have received far more positive comments than negative, either on this site, or in
public. So obvoiusly, I do know what I am talking about. Individual opinions notwithstanding.

"He is bashing TNA, but then he says he goes to the tapings. If they are so bad, then why does he bother to go?"

First of all, I do not "bash" TNA. that sounds like I am totally anti-TNA and worship WWE. Nothing is further from the truth. If I see something positive, I will bring it out. If I see something that is not good, I will offer an opinion. I bash WWE sometimes too. I am not biased. Bottom line is, whever I see boneheaded creative or business moves, I am going to do what my column is titled....Tell it like it is.

Second, I do attend the tapings, mainly to gauge the status of the product so I am informed for my column. Unfortuneately, my busy schedule does not allow me to catch every wrestling show every time. I have two careers which occupy a lot of my time. I also bother to go because I am not a fad fan. I soldier on and watch wrestling because it interests me, and I like to offer opinions, like you, on the product. And hey, there are good points about TNA too, such as the X division, which will only get stronger when Jerry Lynn returns. The tag team division is getting stronger. My only real beef is at the Main Event level. Hey, my wife met Jeff Jarrett in Person. He is an all around nice guy to talk to. He is a skilled wrestler, and can hit the best dropkick in the business, but he is not suited to be a World Champion. His Promo skills are poor, and his character is stale. Plus, they need some characters that have some shelf life, not DDP or Nash or Billy Gunn. Once again, that is my opinion. You may have a different one, but let's respect our differences. Heck I am sick of Cripple H ruining the WWE too, but again, some may disagree.

"The only thing good in John-Michael Newton's world is ECW and Paul Heyman."

Okay. I will admit to being a huge Heyman and ECW Mark, so I do beat a dead horse on that. Apologies. But it is only because ECW was the most exciting, most cutting edge promotion in a long time. And Heyman was the driving force behind that. I am just saying that TNA (And WWE needs it too), needs a creative kick in the pants sometimes, and Heyman has a knack for doing that.

"If John-Michael Newton thinks he can do any better, then why doesn't he start his own federation?"

Believe me, if I had $20-25 Million, I would, and Hawk could run it with me. So if you know any interested investors, please let me know.

"Do yourself a favor, and get rid of his column."

Excuse me, but who died and made you editor of this blog? Until I get a call or email from Heather saying to stop writing for her, then I am going to keep writing, and if you don't like my opinion, tough, because there a lot more people that agree with my opinions.

That's all for now. Next time around; Why Edge has no business being a main eventer, and Getting ready for Triple H's Reign of terror to resume at Backlash (Yeah right, like we really saw Batista being Champ for long.) Take care to all and be well

JMN

Tags: , , , .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home