Pro Wrestling Impact

Pro wrestling coverage of TNA, WWE, and Independent Feds

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Allison Danger Interview

People tend to start interviews with wrestlers asking how you broke into the industry, what made you want to be a wrestler and so on. My first question to you is this: When you "retire" or choose to end your wrestling career, what will you have achieved?

I hope to have ended my time in wrestling on a positive note, with several more trips to Japan and hopefully some time working in Europe plus having expanded across the States more. I hope any humble contribution I may have made to women's wrestling was a positive one not just for myself but for fans of women's wrestling and future females in wrestling.

Over the past few years you've developed quite a following through your work in ROH, Chikara and elsewhere. Which of your matches to date stand out for you?

In ROH I have really enjoyed being a part of the three women's Four Corner Survival matches. Chikara has been wonderful too, working with Daizee Haze there and joining up with Knight Eye for the Pirate Guy. I am very proud of a lot of the stuff with Daizee, including our IWA Mid South matches.

You had the opportunity to be on TNA Xplosion a few months back. How was the setup down there, and has the possibility of returning been discussed at all?

I enjoyed the three times I was down in Nashville and given the opportunity to do Xplosion. The last time I went I was with Becky Bayless and we had a blast. Everyone there was very cool and made me feel welcome and it was an absolute pleasure to be there. To this point, no discussion has been made to me going back down but doors open and close everyday so you never know what may happen down the line.

ROH announced last week that you've parted company with them, saying it was simply a case of your run being over. Is the door open for you to return in the future to pick up from where you left off, perhaps to kick-start the whole Prophecy angle?

At this point, the run is over and no talk of me coming back or a restart of the Prophecy has been proposed. We had our time in the spotlight with the Prophecy and it saddens me to see it go as I adored the time I had there and was so lucky to work with the talented guys that I did. But the time has come to put it to bed.

Can you see ROH ever expanding to the same level as say TNA, and trying to land a TV deal?

Quite possibly. The sky is the limit for ROH. And with the talented men and women on their roster I have no doubt huge things could be in store.

Apart from your brother (Steve Corino), who has been a positive influence on you and your career?

Wow, a lot of people. I will keep it short for if I name too many and miss others I will feel awful. So many awesome people have crossed my path and I have been made better for the experience. Francine, Sandman, Mike Kehner, Rapid Fire Maldonado, Skayde, the gang at the Chikara Wrestle factory, Claudio Castagnoli, Christopher Daniels and Chris Hero.

Have you learnt anything about yourself from your experiences in the ring?

That I underestimate myself too much for fear of failing. But to not try at all is failing too.

Here in the UK, I don't believe we've had the pleasure to see you live, other than minimal coverage via The Wrestling Channel. Is the UK somewhere that you'd like to work? Do you follow the UK scene at all?

My knowledge of the UK scene unfortunately is very limited. I know of promotions and workers there from stories of friends who have had the honor of working in the UK. I would lbe priveleged to work there and see everything the UK has to offer.

So where can we see you in action over the next few months?

You will be seeing plenty of me in Chikara and various other independent promotions.


Tags: , , , .

15 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Blogger Admin said...

Wow, what a great site. I will bookmark this site and return often. It's nice to see sites like this.

Please visit my website and let me know what you think. Disney World

 
At 12:46 AM, Blogger Admin said...

Wow, what a great site. I will bookmark this site and return often. It's nice to see sites like this.

Please visit my website and let me know what you think. Cheap Disney Tickets

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger 121774 said...

Bloggs are such a wonderful way to plublish ones thoughts. Thanks for letting me visit and leave a comment. penis enlargement reviews

 
At 3:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was searching for chicago cubs manager and found your site.

I'm a huge Cub fan and I have been looking for other sites about chicago cubs manager

Dave

 
At 4:05 AM, Blogger Admin said...

Great blog, keep up the good work. Glad to see sites like this.

Here is another good site I said I would pass along.
Disney Cruise
Thanks

 
At 6:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Help me Dude, I'm lost.

I was searching for Elvis and somehow ended up in your blog, but you know I'm sure I saw Elvis in the supermarket yesterday.

No honest really, he was right there in front of me, next to the steaks singing "Love me Tender".

He said to me (his lip was only slightly curled) "Boy, you need to get yourself a shiny, new plasmatv to go with that blue suede sofa of yours.

But Elvis said I, In the Ghetto nobody has a plasma tv .

Dude I'm All Shook Up said Elvis. I think I'll have me another cheeseburger then I'm gonna go home and ask Michael Jackson to come round and watch that waaaay cool surfing scene in Apocalypse Now on my new plasma tv .

And then he just walked out of the supermarket singing. . .

"You give me love and consolation,
You give me strength to carry on "

Strange day or what? :-)

 
At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site about ecommerce design Keep up the good work! website design bathurst

 
At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool blog you got! I just added you to my bookmarks!

I have a great article resource you might want to check out.

 
At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I discuss this topic daily myself. I also have a website that talks about internet business resource related things. Go check it out if you get a chance.

 
At 5:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I was impressed with your comments on clearing house publisher winner. I too have an interest in clearing house publisher winner and we are always looking for new articles and information on clearing house publisher winner . Please give us a visit when you have time.

 
At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a christmas gift site/blog. It pretty much covers gift ideas for christmas related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 1:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog you have! I really enjoyed it. I heard of a great site that is giving away a free set of Nike Golf Clubs. I think your readers will enjoy it. Just click the link below and enter your Zip Code to see if you qualify!
Free Nike Golf Clubs!

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Stan said...

The software industry is one of the world's fastest growing industries
with a net worth of hundreds of billions of dollars.

A lot of people have already made their personal fortunes from this
rapidly growing industry.

All this means that it's now the perfect time for you to start your
own software business.

You've just discovered the secret source for a complete range of
ready-made software tools, all of which can be private labeled with
your own details and then sold to generate a lucrative income.

Best Of Success
Stan Morse
http://trafficzone.us/so/free_software.html

 
At 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://corporatestrategicalliances.com/http://corporatestrategicalliances.com/Effective marketing tools, create a wave of traffic hungry for your product/services with this free set of marketing tools in the download area.

Grab your share of internet income with the most explosive discovery now free to download

 
At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shop online today. Forget driving to the mall when you can just click the mouse and order from your favorite store. No traffic to deal with

 

Post a Comment

<< Home